For many years, Bridor experienced a double-digit growth rate. Today the Servon sur Vilaine site, Bridor’s flagship, is soon going to expand with a new R+D and training centre both for his customers and for his partners from all over the world. Applications for planning permissions are currently being filed for the building of a logistic platform, examples of which are very scarce in Europe. Dedicated to the preparation of automated orders and to the temporary storage of products before shipping, it will be able to contain several thousands of pallets. It will be built in less than 2 years. The site will then reach a total surface area of 70’000 square metres added on to the 11 current hectares.
The second site of Louverné, near Laval, less than two years after its inauguration, has already doubled in size and will eventually reach 50’000 square metres as part of a 17-hectares plot of land. The retained process options for these lines constitute the Bridor «signature»: today, the search for a traditional product combined with industrial faultless rigor, is a way of obtaining unequalled regularity and quality, the best from the artisan, from Brest to Tokyo and from San Francisco to New York, Groupe Le Duff said in its news release.
In the meantime, the Bridor’s North American branch keeps expanding:
- In the United States (Vineland near Philadelphia), Bridor is developing on an exceptional 35’000 square metres site, thus doubling its annual production capacity of croissants and pains au chocolat, the lines of which are developed in France by our teams, with so far unequalled performances on the American land.
- As for the Canadian plant (in Montreal), it is expanding to reach 55’000 square metres, thus increasing its production capacity so as to market traditional types of bread, baguettes and French and American pastries across the whole of North America.
These accelerated industrial investments in France and in North America (400 million EUR of new investments in 5 years) are necessary to accompany the exceptional development of Bridor, which has become a major worldwide «Top Quality» bakery stakeholder.
Indeed, Bridor has perfectly met the internationalisation challenge with its partners since France now only counts for 24 percent of its sales but 60 percent of its production. Bridor exports in over 90 countries across the world, including in Asia and mainly deals with the great names of hotel and restaurant catering, but also with artisan bakers and quality modern retailers.
Bridor managers have set a clear objective: to obtain a turnover of one billion EUR in 2020.
To reach this objective, an active job creation policy, with the recruitment of new talents in all trades will have to be undertaken. Today, Bridor employs 1’800 employees, and at least 1’000 extra partners are to be recruited worldwide in the next 5 years in all positions (bakers, chefs, engineers, technicians, salesmen and women, financial and legal staff, administrative employees, marketing, digital employees …).
Groupe Le Duff Key Figures
- Present in 90 countries, on five continents
- 35’000 collaborators and 3’500 recruitments each year
- Over two billion EUR income
- One million customers are served per day
- 2’000 restaurants and bakeries soon